DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Central Heating (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/133429-central-heating.html)

[email protected] November 29th 05 07:12 PM

Central Heating

My central heating system gives me hot water (although only about a
full bath amount) and there is no central heating. I have checked the
power to the thermostat, the pump and then from the mains and the power
is there. When the central heating attempts to heat up the radiators
there is a noise coming from the pump area and when the pipes are
tapped ther is the sound of air in the pipes.

Harry Bloomfield November 29th 05 07:39 PM

Central Heating

explained :
My central heating system gives me hot water (although only about a
full bath amount) and there is no central heating. I have checked the
power to the thermostat, the pump and then from the mains and the power
is there. When the central heating attempts to heat up the radiators
there is a noise coming from the pump area and when the pipes are
tapped ther is the sound of air in the pipes.

Have you tried bleeding the air out? Look for a square headed bleed
screw somewhere near the top of each radiator. Depending upon the type
of system, you may need to also manually top the water pressure in the
system.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)