Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dean Cox

Default Mildew Resistant Frame Sealant

Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good mildew/mould resistant frame sealant. Just
removing wallpaper and painting the walls and I want to use a good sealant
to minimise a return of the mould!. (For aluminium double glaze units if it
matters).
Thanks in advance

Dean

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alex

If this is internal, caulk should be used,sounds like silicone has been used
instead and without a fungicide mould will grow

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Alex wrote:
If this is internal, caulk should be used,sounds like silicone has been used
instead and without a fungicide mould will grow

I've used several types of silicone with fungicide in the past in
bathrooms, and can't say that I've noticed any difference at all in the
growth of mould compared to 'normal' stuff.

Somebody once told me that you shouldn't use a biological tool (aka a
finger) to shape the silicon bead as that introduces bugs before it's
cured - sounds like total tosh to me. Anyone know if there's any truth
in it?

David