Suz

Default Underfloor heating

"IMM" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:00:15 +0100, "SC" wrote:

As much fun as this is, and my hubby's fav thing to do today: look at

what
the latest post the looney has left; why do it?

Is it like having a wobbly tooth, you just can help but poke it?

Suzanne

We keep hoping that we'll wake up and find sixpence under the pillow
because the tooth has fallen out, but it doesn't seem to have happened
yet.....

Andy, thee will be no space under your pillow for the tooth, as you big
colour How Things Work book is there.

Sadly enough, I found this quite amusing.

RichardS

"IMM" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

I think, unlike IMM, you have grasped the essentials.

And so concludes our snotty uni man, as he closes his tattered How

Things
Work book (with real big colour pictures).

Now wherever DID you come up with an idea like that...ah. You used to
have one, and now are ashamed to admit it, so project your own sense of
inferiority onto others.

Hence the snotty uni stuff.

You must eat the chips stuck on your shoulders sonny.

The old last resort, pull from up the sleeve comment. "chip on the
shoulder." get real oh snotty uni one.

....says he, always the first to turn the argument Ad Hominem.

"middle englander"
"brainwashed"
"soldier boy"
"snotti uni"

The chips on your shoulder are plain for all to see.

How sad.

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

RichardS

"IMM" wrote in message

"RichardS" noaccess@invalid wrote in message
. ..
"IMM" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

I think, unlike IMM, you have grasped the essentials.

And so concludes our snotty uni man, as he closes his tattered How
Things
Work book (with real big colour pictures).

Now wherever DID you come up with an idea like that...ah. You used

have one, and now are ashamed to admit it, so project your own sense

of
inferiority onto others.

Hence the snotty uni stuff.

You must eat the chips stuck on your shoulders sonny.

The old last resort, pull from up the sleeve comment. "chip on the
shoulder." get real oh snotty uni one.

...says he, always the first to turn the argument Ad Hominem.

"middle englander"
"brainwashed"
"soldier boy"
"snotti uni"

The chips on your shoulder are plain for all to see.

As I said "The old last resort, pull from up the sleeve comment. 'chip on
the shoulder.' " I can spot a narrow minded fool a mile off.

yup, 'course you can.....

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

It is the rate of cooling that makes a body comfortable or not. Nothing to
do with physics.

I can't (yes, I suppose I can actually) believe yu wrote that.

What pray, is physics all about of not such things as the rate of cooling?

I know you have no education, but shouldn't that make you keep your big
mouth shut rather than jumping in and getting both feet stuck up your arse?

The Natural Philosopher

Andy Hall wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:36:50 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

I know you don't believe in physics, but would you like to explain how
a person with a normal body temperature of around 37 degrees gains any
heat from air at a comfortable temperature of 20 degrees or so?

It is the rate of cooling that makes a body comfortable or not. Nothing to
do with physics.

It has everything to do with physics.

I despair, I really do..

You have to larf really. He despies education because he has none. He
talks about things as if he understood them, when he doesn't. He even
believes in Nu Laber drivel.

He is the perfect model of a modern political society.

Sort of teh brash self confidence of teh Thatcher generation with teh
ideoligical propaganda of Nu Laber all in one pakage.

A Little Englander to the core.

---

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

Kadulski, also wrote about comfort conditions, "While this may all seem like
much ado about nothing, it underlines that this fundamental idea is too
complex to define crisply with measurable numbers."

hahah. Another educational dropout.

Never mind, when your body temperature reaches 40C I hope the nurse
repeats that quote to you.

The Natural Philosopher

SC wrote:

"IMM" wrote in message

"SC" wrote in message
. ..

"IMM" wrote in message

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
m...

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 01:16:15 +0100, "IMM"

wrote:

Phew I've started World War III!!

No just one know-it-all amateur pilock putting his oar in.

So why do you do it?

Oh Andy has just read How Things Work Bokk too.

Yep. Use the Aga. It does great toasted bacon butties as well....

An Aga. How naff!!!

Yeah, probably only snotty uni types make bacon butties on an Aga!

That one does.

Is everyone in the world a snotty uni type?

In his world, yes.

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

"SC" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

"SC" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

om...

wrote:

Phew I've started World War III!!

No just one know-it-all amateur pilock putting his oar in.

So why do you do it?

Oh Andy has just read How Things Work Bokk too.

Yep. Use the Aga. It does great toasted bacon butties as

well....

An Aga. How naff!!!

Yeah, probably only snotty uni types make bacon butties on an Aga!

That one does.

Is everyone in the world a snotty uni type?

No. Only those who go to snotty uni's. My uni was not snotty.

It wasn't a 'uni' either. Or did you stuidy political propaganda and
sociology?

Or was it pharmacology and needlework?

---

The Natural Philosopher

"IMM" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

[...]

Comes from staring at yourself in the mirror too long.

You'll go blind doing that sort of thing.

(PS, look up Narcissus)

---

Andy Hall

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 04:55:03 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

As I said "The old last resort, pull from up the sleeve comment. 'chip on
the shoulder.' " I can spot a narrow minded fool a mile off.

Comes from staring at yourself in the mirror too long.

You'll go blind doing that sort of thing.

I'd always wondered why trolls had hairs on their palms......

(PS, look up Narcissus)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Julian Fowler

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:54:52 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:29:47 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"SC" wrote in message
.. .

Is everyone in the world a snotty uni type?

No. Only those who go to snotty uni's. My uni was not snotty.

The fact that you refer to it as a "uni" implies that it probably
is/was ...

Which university was it, by the way .... ?

Not a snotty one.

Sorry, Adam, but I can't find any traces of a Not A Snotty One
University, the University of Not A Snotty One, or even the NotSnott
College of Slightly Higher Education. Maybe your alma mater has an
alternative name with which we might be more familiar??

Julian

--
Julian Fowler
IMM

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:54:52 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:29:47 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"SC" wrote in message
.. .

Is everyone in the world a snotty uni type?

No. Only those who go to snotty uni's. My uni was not snotty.

The fact that you refer to it as a "uni" implies that it probably
is/was ...

Which university was it, by the way .... ?

Not a snotty one.

Sorry, Adam, but I can't find any traces of a Not A Snotty One
University, the University of Not A Snotty One, or even the NotSnott
College of Slightly Higher Education. Maybe your alma mater has an
alternative name with which we might be more familiar??

Have you tried 118?

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

If letterboxes cause a draught, get rid of them and have a proper

letter

box

screwed to the wall outside. These are becoming very popular. And

other

draughts should be attended. You don't put extra heating in, just

eliminate

the draught.

I see. So basically we never go shopping so we never open the door so we
never lose ay heat.

Mm. About on a par with your normal ideological drivel.

You know these snotty uni's should be burnt down. Look what they

produce!
Permanent darughts have little to do with temporary draughts.

A permamnnet draiught is smply a ling duration temporary draught.

Get some education or bugger off elsewhere.

From a snotty uni? Don't they teach people about draughts in them?

---

IMM

Andy Hall wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:36:50 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

I know you don't believe in physics, but would you like to explain how
a person with a normal body temperature of around 37 degrees gains any
heat from air at a comfortable temperature of 20 degrees or so?

It is the rate of cooling that makes a body comfortable or not. Nothing

do with physics.

It has everything to do with physics.

I despair, I really do..

You have to larf really. He despies education because he has none. He
talks about things as if he understood them, when he doesn't. He even
believes in Nu Laber drivel.

He is the perfect model of a modern political society.

Sort of teh brash self confidence of teh Thatcher generation with teh
ideoligical propaganda of Nu Laber all in one pakage.

A Little Englander to the core.

Is this the logic the snotty taught you?

---

IMM

You do realise the physics is a science that deals with matter and

energy
and their interactions,

I certainly do.

And that how hot or cold you feel is to do with the interaction of the
energy of your body with the energy around you?...

Go away! What How Thing Work book did that come from?

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

Kadulski, also wrote about comfort conditions, "While this may all seem

like
much ado about nothing, it underlines that this fundamental idea is too
complex to define crisply with measurable numbers."

hahah. Another educational dropout.

Did you know Kadulski? Was he a snotty uni drop in? That someone who
rejects snotty uniness and comes back to normality.

---

IMM

IMM wrote:

Yeah, probably only snotty uni types make bacon butties on an Aga!

That one does.

You can make all sorts of things on an Aga. Even (shudder) Bacon 'butties'

I however, do not.

Are bacon butties not good enough for snotty uniness?

---

IMM

"IMM" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

[...]

I do have something to look at. I am stunningly hansom and a fabulous tango
dancer.

---

Julian Fowler

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:46:40 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

IMM wrote:

Kadulski, also wrote about comfort conditions, "While this may all seem

like
much ado about nothing, it underlines that this fundamental idea is too
complex to define crisply with measurable numbers."

hahah. Another educational dropout.

Did you know Kadulski? Was he a snotty uni drop in? That someone who
rejects snotty uniness and comes back to normality.

Note to programmers of the IMMbot. Please decrease the frequency with
which the inventNewWords() routine is called. Currently running at
close to one non-word per posting, e.g., "uniness" in this example.
Continuation at this frequency will eliminate all traces of the
illusion that the IMMbot could, in fact, be human.

--
Julian Fowler

RichardS

"IMM" wrote in message

snip

As I said "The old last resort, pull from up the sleeve comment.

'chip
on
the shoulder.' " I can spot a narrow minded fool a mile off.

Comes from staring at yourself in the mirror too long.

You'll go blind doing that sort of thing.

(PS, look up Narcissus)

I do have something to look at. I am stunningly hansom and a fabulous

tango
dancer.

You bounder! You ... er ... cab???

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

Suz

"IMM" wrote in message

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 22:54:52 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 18:29:47 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"SC" wrote in message
.. .

Is everyone in the world a snotty uni type?

No. Only those who go to snotty uni's. My uni was not snotty.

The fact that you refer to it as a "uni" implies that it probably
is/was ...

Which university was it, by the way .... ?

Not a snotty one.

Sorry, Adam, but I can't find any traces of a Not A Snotty One
University, the University of Not A Snotty One, or even the NotSnott
College of Slightly Higher Education. Maybe your alma mater has an
alternative name with which we might be more familiar??

Have you tried 118?

Got your number!

IMM

"Suz" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

[...]

Sort of a last cab in Paris?

ROLF. Is that back or hackney humour.

---

Owain

"IMM" wrote
| Andy, thee will be no space under your pillow for the tooth, as you
| big colour How Things Work book is there.

Perhaps we should all club together and buy IMM a big colour How Things Work
book too; he's obviously upset that he hasn't got one.

Or perhaps we should just all together club IMM.

Owain

IMM

"Owain" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote
| Andy, thee will be no space under your pillow for the tooth, as you
| big colour How Things Work book is there.

Perhaps we should all club together and buy IMM a big colour How Things

Work
book too; he's obviously upset that he hasn't got one.

Or perhaps we should just all together club IMM.

What edition do you have?

---

The Natural Philosopher

IMM wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:36:50 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

I know you don't believe in physics, but would you like to explain how
a person with a normal body temperature of around 37 degrees gains any
heat from air at a comfortable temperature of 20 degrees or so?

It is the rate of cooling that makes a body comfortable or not. Nothing

do with physics.

It has everything to do with physics.

I despair, I really do..

You have to larf really. He despies education because he has none. He
talks about things as if he understood them, when he doesn't. He even
believes in Nu Laber drivel.

He is the perfect model of a modern political society.

Sort of teh brash self confidence of teh Thatcher generation with teh
ideoligical propaganda of Nu Laber all in one pakage.

A Little Englander to the core.

Is this the logic the snotty taught you?

No. I rather think I got it from you.

---

RichardS

"SC" wrote in message
"SC" wrote

snip

Any sane thoughts appreciated

whoops! only accounts for about 10% of the thread now....

Suzanne

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen"

Einstein

Phew I've started World War III!!

snip

NO scrapping boys

Ta Suzanne

Some folks need to bear two sayings in mind.....

1) Don't argue with an idiot - he'll bring you down to his level, then beat
you on experience; and
2) Never wrestle with a pig - you both get dirty, and the pig enjoys it.

Still, keeps 'em off the streets....

:-)

--
Richard Sampson

email me at
richard at olifant d-ot co do-t uk

IMM

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

Yeah, probably only snotty uni types make bacon butties on an Aga!

That one does.

You can make all sorts of things on an Aga. Even (shudder) Bacon

'butties'

I however, do not.

Are bacon butties not good enough for snotty uniness?

Correct.

I thought so. Total snottyness.

---

Suz

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

Yeah, probably only snotty uni types make bacon butties on an Aga!

That one does.

You can make all sorts of things on an Aga. Even (shudder) Bacon

'butties'

I however, do not.

Are bacon butties not good enough for snotty uniness?

Correct.

Ah now come on. Bacon butties are soul food.

IMM

"Suz" wrote in message

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

Yeah, probably only snotty uni types make bacon butties on an Aga!

That one does.

You can make all sorts of things on an Aga. Even (shudder) Bacon

'butties'

I however, do not.

Are bacon butties not good enough for snotty uniness?

Correct.

Ah now come on. Bacon butties are soul food.

These naive people would not know what soul food is.

---

The Natural Philosopher

Suz wrote:

IMM wrote:

IMM wrote:

Yeah, probably only snotty uni types make bacon butties on an Aga!

That one does.

You can make all sorts of things on an Aga. Even (shudder) Bacon

'butties'

I however, do not.

Are bacon butties not good enough for snotty uniness?

Correct.

Ah now come on. Bacon butties are soul food.

I think my soul died years ago.

Or is now converted to run on coffee.