in2minds

Default laser levels

is it worth buying a cheap one (where from ?) or are they cheap enough to hire for 3 or
4 separate jobs spanning 12+ months ?

thanks

Les

Grunff

John Smith wrote:
Slightly OT - are these things dangerous. I have heard stories that these
laser levels can burn out your eyeballs. True or myth?

Staring into the beam for more than a few seconds will cause
permanent damage, same as staring at the sun, or at a halogen
bulb at close range.

Poking your eyball with a pencil will also cause permanent
damage. All those activities fall into the "best avoided" category.

--
Grunff

MrCheerful

in2minds wrote:
is it worth buying a cheap one (where from ?) or are they cheap
enough to hire for 3 or 4 separate jobs spanning 12+ months ?

thanks

Les

I have just bought a cheapie but haven't used it yet. 15 quid from
costco.

mrcheerful

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:
B&Q, I'm on my tenth (It's an amusing game). Basically the laser is
a perfectly straight line, it can't be anything else, but the level
its connected to is a pile of dog poo. The test is very simple. Level
the device, point the laser at a spot on the wall. Mark the spot.
Reverse the laser head and reverse the level, re-level the level.
The spot should be in exactly the same place. If it isn't you don't
have a level.

Same as any level then as you check those by reversing also. Is there no
adjustment?

--
*Two wrongs are only the beginning *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Peter Parry

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 08:51:34 +0100, Dave Plowman
wrote:

Same as any level then as you check those by reversing also. Is there no
adjustment?

Nope.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/
Dave Plowman

In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:
Same as any level then as you check those by reversing also. Is there no
adjustment?

Nope.

Right. Be fine as a spark's tool, then.

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Sean Delere

is it worth buying a cheap one (where from ?) or are they cheap enough to
hire for 3 or
4 separate jobs spanning 12+ months ?

I see Wickes are doing a kit for either £30 or £40, can't remember which.

Sean

m.darbey

I bought one from Aldi last month for 19.95ukp don't know if you'd
still be able to find one at one of their stores....
Aldi/Lidl are really good for cheap, occasional-use DIY tools.

Cheers,
MArk

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 19:50:25 +0100, "mr gadget"
wrote:

if you have a look in the new argos catauloge they sell a rotating lazer
that projects a line around the room for 39.00 i am a sparky and find it
very useful