DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   B&Q £199 UPVC Patio doors (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/129823-b-q-%A3199-upvc-patio-doors.html)

Lawrence Zarb November 17th 05 03:39 PM

B&Q £199 UPVC Patio doors

Has anybody bought a set of these doors and can they advise on the
quality of them.

I also need to know if the hinges are adjustable..I have had a look at
them but cannot see any adjustment...

Dave Plowman (News) November 17th 05 04:20 PM

B&Q £199 UPVC Patio doors

In article lgate.org,
Lawrence Zarb wrote:
Has anybody bought a set of these doors and can they advise on the
quality of them.

I also need to know if the hinges are adjustable..I have had a look at
them but cannot see any adjustment...

If they have hinges, surely they're not patio doors? Some form of French
windows?

--
*How many roads must a man travel down before he admits he is lost?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Lawrence Zarb November 17th 05 05:15 PM

B&Q £199 UPVC Patio doors

Sorry You're right..They are French doors...

I bet this will send this request on a tangent now...!!!

Dave Plowman (News) November 17th 05 06:44 PM

B&Q £199 UPVC Patio doors

In article lgate.org,
Lawrence Zarb wrote:
Sorry You're right..They are French doors...

I bet this will send this request on a tangent now...!!!

Normally the trick with PVC windows or doors is to pack the frame
absolutely square before fixing, as it won't move afterwards like wood.
But it should come with instructions.

I fitted a Screwfix window and patio doors - the first time I'd ever done
this and they've been great. If B&Q use the same company I'd say you
should be fine.

--
*Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake.

[email protected] November 17th 05 08:12 PM

B&Q £199 UPVC Patio doors

Lawrence Zarb wrote:
Has anybody bought a set of these doors and can they advise on the
quality of them.

I also need to know if the hinges are adjustable..I have had a look at
them but cannot see any adjustment...

Why pay 3x the price for something nasty?

NT

Lawrence Zarb November 24th 05 10:55 AM

B&Q £199 UPVC Patio doors

What do you mean?