DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   lithofin grout protector and silicon (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/129810-lithofin-grout-protector-silicon.html)

[email protected] November 17th 05 11:41 AM

lithofin grout protector and silicon

Silicon being used on corner joints. Should the lithofin grout
protector be applied before
siliconing the corner joints, or after, i.e. does lithofin make any
difference to adherence of
silicon, etc. ?
Thanks,
Simon.

Vaci November 17th 05 02:02 PM

wrote:
Silicon being used on corner joints. Should the lithofin grout
protector be applied before
siliconing the corner joints, or after, i.e. does lithofin make any
difference to adherence of
silicon, etc. ?
Thanks,
Simon.

I have silicone sealant (the Dow Corning 785 stuff) applied over the top
of lithofin in my shower, and it doesn't seem to have compromised the
quality of the seal.

Vaci

John Rumm November 18th 05 02:23 AM

wrote:

Silicon being used on corner joints. Should the lithofin grout
protector be applied before
siliconing the corner joints, or after, i.e. does lithofin make any
difference to adherence of
silicon, etc. ?

I applied the lithothin after the silicone (and siliconed the corner
joints as you describe)...

No adverse problems that I have noticed.

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |