david lang

Default Nobody Interested?

Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Comments

:-(

Dave

Googlebot

"Funfly3" wrote in message
is that a spot cleaning FAQ or a general cleaning FAQ
"david lang" wrote in message
k...
Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Comments

:-(

Dave

I thought it was excellent.

Thanks

Lobster

david lang wrote:
Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Comments

:-(

TBH till now I hadn't spotted it at the bottom of your original thread -
a subject like "Draft Carpet Cleaning FAQ for comments" would have got
my attention, maybe that of others?!

It certainly looks good to me; I don't know enough about the field to
make much in the way of a critique but I'm sure I'll refer to it next
time I have a nasty stain to shift!

David

Rob Morley

In article ,
says...
Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Where is it?
Richard Conway

david lang wrote:
Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Comments

:-(

Dave

Hi Dave,

I saw it but couldn't really be bothered reading the whole thing (no
offence!) As usual, I just assumed others would sort it out and it
would end up on the site

I did make a mental note to remember it was there though for next time I
had a stain to shift or a carpet to clean! I suppose unlike many of the
other FAQs, its not something that would overly interest people unless
they needed it. It does look very good though so I'm sure I (and many
others) will use it at some point or other. Certainly worth having on
there anyway.

david lang wrote:
Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Comments

:-(

Dave

Been planning to add a few comments later, but struck me there wasnt
much left to say, youve covered it pretty well. How many of us can
really add anything?

NT

sPoNiX

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 22:03:31 GMT, "david lang"
wrote:

Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Comments

:-(

Dave

The only comments I would add a

1. Belgian Wilton's are the worst at shrinkage. Unless you are very
careful it is very likely to shrink using HWE. If you know you have a
Belgian Wilton probably best to get a pro in to clean it or use a
'dry' cleaning method.

If you do decide to use HWE on a Belgian Wilton take care not to over
wet it. Probably best to go over it a few more times than make it too
wet.

2. Place a plastic bag under the legs of wooden furniture. Sometimes
the dye in the wood can leech out into the damp carpet and is a
nightmare to remove.

3. The FAQ mentions that damp carpets are slippery. I'd also mention
to take extra care when walking from a damp carpet to a hard floor
(Lino/laminate or whatever). Your feet pick up moisture and can make
walking on a hard floor very tricky!

sponix

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
david lang wrote:
Is nobody interested in the Carpet Cleaning FAQ?

Comments

I found it very useful.

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.