DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cavity insulation, 1930's semi, suspended floor + airbricks? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/129312-cavity-insulation-1930s-semi-suspended-floor-airbricks.html)

David Hearn November 14th 05 11:27 AM

Cavity insulation, 1930's semi, suspended floor + airbricks?

Considering cavity insulation for our 1930's semi. I asked before about
some of the issues with it - and someone mentioned sleeving the
airbricks we have.

I don't know the exact constuction of our walls/floors - but we have
airbricks on the outer wall, but none visible on our internal walls. I
assume that the airbricks only provide ventilation to the cavity, AND
under the floors.

Would the people installing the cavity insulation (in my case,
http://www.housewarmers.org.uk - a Guildford Borough Council scheme
which is a re-branded CEN service - Creative Environmental Networks, a
non-profit organisation
http://www.cen.org.uk/energy_efficie...usewarmers.asp) just remove
the existing airbricks, and replace with sleeved varieties? I assume
that there will be an corresponding access opposite the airbrick to
provide access to the under floor area.

Is there any chance they could end up pumping it all into the wall, and
into the under floor area, filling it up?

Thanks for the info - I'm just a bit paranoid about the problems with
getting this done - don't want to get any damp problems - just want
warmer walls, and less heating costs!

Thanks