caravanman

Default bury pipes in plaster

I want to conceal some 10mm copper radiator pipes below plaster depth.
once secured to the brickwork what can I cap them with so as the heat
does not crack the plaster or discolour the wallpaper ?. I have
previously tried this without putting anything between the pipework and
the plaster which resulted in the above problems. Do I need to be aware
of any chemical reactions eg. between copper pipe and steel capping.
any help will be much appreciated,thanks

--s-p-o-n-i-x--

On 13 Nov 2005 12:25:11 -0800, "caravanman"
wrote:

I want to conceal some 10mm copper radiator pipes below plaster depth.
once secured to the brickwork what can I cap them with so as the heat
does not crack the plaster or discolour the wallpaper ?. I have
previously tried this without putting anything between the pipework and
the plaster which resulted in the above problems. Do I need to be aware
of any chemical reactions eg. between copper pipe and steel capping.
any help will be much appreciated,thanks

Yes, you can wrap them in Denso tape, which prevents the plaster
reacting with the copper.

sponix
Peter Andrews

"caravanman" wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to conceal some 10mm copper radiator pipes below plaster depth.
once secured to the brickwork what can I cap them with so as the heat
does not crack the plaster or discolour the wallpaper ?. I have
previously tried this without putting anything between the pipework and
the plaster which resulted in the above problems. Do I need to be aware
of any chemical reactions eg. between copper pipe and steel capping.
any help will be much appreciated,thanks

I used a strip of expanded metal to support the plaster, albeit only for
about 12" before the pipes went behind the door frame, twenty years later no
sign of cracking.

Peter

How deep to bury oil pipes? NickW UK diy 14 September 25th 17 08:53 AM
Pipes in plaster brumster UK diy 1 April 26th 05 12:46 AM
Pipes in plaster brumster UK diy 0 April 25th 05 08:44 PM
Earth Bondng Adrian Simpson UK diy 8 March 21st 04 11:58 PM
How can I fix cracks in plaster of old house? Phil Munro Home Repair 5 October 18th 03 10:48 AM