DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Door Latch - Info Please (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1292-door-latch-info-please.html)

Frank Healy August 20th 03 01:03 PM

Door Latch - Info Please

I am looking for a spring loaded latch for a gate- I have seen them but
unable to locate - Basicly it is 'C' shaped with rollers at the end of
the arms - When the gate closes it pulls round at stops the gate from
being blown open or rattling - It enables easy access from both sides-
Anyone know what I am on about and where I can get one please.

Thank is advance

Frank Healy

Dave Plowman August 20th 03 02:05 PM

Door Latch - Info Please

In article gate.org,
Frank Healy wrote:
I am looking for a spring loaded latch for a gate- I have seen them but
unable to locate - Basicly it is 'C' shaped with rollers at the end of
the arms - When the gate closes it pulls round at stops the gate from
being blown open or rattling - It enables easy access from both sides-
Anyone know what I am on about and where I can get one please.

I know the type you mean - it has an over centre action. I've not seen
them on sale recently, though. Beardmore's?

--
*It's lonely at the top, but you eat better.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

CRB August 20th 03 11:02 PM

Door Latch - Info Please

"Frank Healy" wrote in message news:4475c99cb5e57dd07518eebbb52b571c.8098@mygate .mailgate.org...
I am looking for a spring loaded latch for a gate- I have seen them but
unable to locate - Basicly it is 'C' shaped with rollers at the end of
the arms ....

They are called "Kenham" catches. If they are still available I am
pretty sure that Woods Yard of Waltham St Lawrence near Maidenhead,
Berks would stock them (Telephone 0118 9343676).

If you still have no luck, post again - I have the address of the
manufacturer at my other place and could get it for you when I next go
there.

CRB

Frank Healy August 30th 03 04:20 PM

Door Latch - Info Please

"CRB" wrote in message
om

They are called "Kenham" catches. If they are still available I am
pretty sure that Woods Yard of Waltham St Lawrence near Maidenhead,
Berks would stock them (Telephone 0118 9343676).

If you still have no luck, post again - I have the address of the
manufacturer at my other place and could get it for you when I next go
there.

CRB

Thanks for the info - No luck in my part of the world (Huddersfield)
although they do know what I am talking about - If you have the name of
the manufacturer it would be appreciated then I can contact them for a
local stockist.

frank Healy