DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Joining waste pipes (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/129117-joining-waste-pipes.html)

richard November 13th 05 10:10 AM

Joining waste pipes

Is it Ok to join the waste pipes from bath and separate shower
together befoire they join the soil pipe, if so do I need a non return
valve at all? What are the problems?

To get both into the soil pipe separately I will have to put in a 180
deg bend because of all the other fittings.

Richard

Lobster November 13th 05 10:18 AM

Joining waste pipes

richard wrote:
Is it Ok to join the waste pipes from bath and separate shower
together befoire they join the soil pipe, if so do I need a non return
valve at all? What are the problems?

Yes, that's fine. Assuming you have adequate fall on both waste pipes,
there's no need for non-return valves or anythig like that.

David

John Rumm November 13th 05 11:23 AM

Joining waste pipes

Lobster wrote:

Yes, that's fine. Assuming you have adequate fall on both waste pipes,
there's no need for non-return valves or anythig like that.

Second that...

Also try and get a "swept" Tee for the extra connection to the pipe in
the middle - along with a slight fall on the pipe run that ought to
ensure there is no danger of your bath water popping up in the shower!

--
Cheers,

John.