DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   To paint or to strip wallpaper? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/128758-paint-strip-wallpaper.html)

asalcedo November 10th 05 09:45 PM

To paint or to strip wallpaper?

I want to paint all walls at home. At the moment they have wall paper, which is in good condition in general.

A couple of contractors swear that although more expensive it is best to strip off the existing paper, put new lining paper on and paint on it.

Two other contractors, insist that it is fine to paint on the existing paper. Any localised seam that has peeled off can be treated and won't show. About 10-15% cheaper.

I am more concerned with the quality and durability of the final product. Is it really ok to paint on top and avoid stripping off?

Thanks,

Antonio

John Cartmell November 11th 05 12:27 AM

To paint or to strip wallpaper?

In article ,
asalcedo wrote:
I am more concerned with the quality and durability of the final
product. Is it really ok to paint on top and avoid stripping off?

Yes. It depends on the type of paper and its condition of course.