DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Soft start dimmers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/128392-soft-start-dimmers.html)

[email protected] November 8th 05 10:54 AM

Soft start dimmers

I'm looking for a dimmer (or switch) with a soft start for 450w of
mains halogen GU10s. I guess given the downrating that must be applied
I need at least a 600w dimmer. Any ideas?

Rumble November 8th 05 10:38 PM

Soft start dimmers

said the following on 08/11/2005 10:54:
I'm looking for a dimmer (or switch) with a soft start for 450w of
mains halogen GU10s. I guess given the downrating that must be applied
I need at least a 600w dimmer. Any ideas?

If you buy a dimmer that doesn't have a switch function - i.e. you can
only turn on/off the lights by ramping the dimmer control up or down -
then it will be soft start by definition.

If you can't find one without the switch function, then you could maybe
just get into the habit of only switching at less than 100%

This product might be worth a try:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=20886

Lurch November 9th 05 06:38 PM

Soft start dimmers

On or around 8 Nov 2005 02:54:02 -0800, mused:

I'm looking for a dimmer (or switch) with a soft start for 450w of
mains halogen GU10s. I guess given the downrating that must be applied
I need at least a 600w dimmer. Any ideas?

http://www.sensor.co.uk/bikkel_500.htm

I've just fitted a load of these, work well.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |