DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Galvanised roofing members - venting requirements ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/128321-galvanised-roofing-members-venting-requirements.html)

[email protected] November 7th 05 05:24 PM

Galvanised roofing members - venting requirements ?

If I use galvanised steel roofing members instead of timber, they
cannot rot. How does this affect the roof ventilation requirements in
comparison to a conventional timber roof ?
Thanks,
Simon.

[email protected] November 8th 05 02:30 PM

wrote:
If I use galvanised steel roofing members instead of timber, they
cannot rot.

rust, rot, both caused by damp and lead to failure.

NT

dg November 8th 05 07:03 PM

Galvanised roofing members - venting requirements ?

The ventilation requirements are the same.

In addition, the likelyhood of cold bridging and increased risk of
condensation forming on the steel, may require greater insulation
detailing on top of the steel, and around the roofspace generally

dg