DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Router Table purchase (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1281-router-table-purchase.html)

Restoredclassic August 19th 03 10:59 PM

Router Table purchase

I`ve got the chance to purchase brand new Router Table ( by Nu-Tool) for £25.

Has anyone got/used one and is it any good?

Gnube August 20th 03 12:07 AM

Router Table purchase

On 19 Aug 2003 21:59:19 GMT, (Restoredclassic)
wrote:

I`ve got the chance to purchase brand new Router Table ( by Nu-Tool) for £25.

Has anyone got/used one and is it any good?

I think at that price it's worth chancing your arm to find out.

You could probably get double your money back on e-bay if you didn't
like it much. ;O)

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}

Andy Dingley August 20th 03 11:47 AM

Router Table purchase

wrote:

I`ve got the chance to purchase brand new Router Table ( by Nu-Tool) for £25.

Sounds expensive. You can still build your own for less. I've still
to see a commercial table for less than silly money that's anything
like big enough (Trend especially)

Peter Ashby August 21st 03 02:40 PM

Router Table purchase

wrote:

I`ve got the chance to purchase brand new Router Table ( by Nu-Tool) for £25.

Sounds expensive. You can still build your own for less. I've still
to see a commercial table for less than silly money that's anything
like big enough (Trend especially)

My Trend mark II is big enough for me, at least with the extension wings
on front and back it is. I wouldn't be able to move past it if it were
any bigger. If I want to rout something too big for the table the jigs
come out and I do it hand held.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.

Ben Rooney August 27th 03 12:54 PM

Router Table purchase

I`ve got the chance to purchase brand new Router Table ( by Nu-Tool) for £25.

Has anyone got/used one and is it any good?

I got one on eBay for a tad more than that. It is cheap pressed steel
and you get what you pay for. Your point about the legs is a good one.
THey are not strong. Fix it to a good surface.
That being said, it has been fine the few times I have used it. My
main worry with it is how true are the surfaces (answer, probably not
that true) and the fence is a pretty ropey old thing. But for knocking
out some mouldings and general routing if you spend the time setting
it up and do a couple of practice runs first it has been fine.

Ben

Peter Ashby August 27th 03 01:17 PM

Router Table purchase

In article ,
(Ben Rooney) wrote:

I`ve got the chance to purchase brand new Router Table ( by Nu-Tool) for
£25.

Has anyone got/used one and is it any good?

I got one on eBay for a tad more than that. It is cheap pressed steel
and you get what you pay for. Your point about the legs is a good one.
THey are not strong. Fix it to a good surface.
That being said, it has been fine the few times I have used it. My
main worry with it is how true are the surfaces (answer, probably not
that true) and the fence is a pretty ropey old thing. But for knocking
out some mouldings and general routing if you spend the time setting
it up and do a couple of practice runs first it has been fine.

I think that is true for pretty much anything that doesn't come with an
Incra fence and mulitple jigs attached. I have done some fairly precise
work on my Trend MkII but the setup time was quite high. I do often
wonder if a combi plane would not have been quicker. Someday I may get
one and see.

Peter