DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Chasing basin waste into wall? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/127899-chasing-basin-waste-into-wall.html)

mjbarnard November 4th 05 05:40 PM

Chasing basin waste into wall?

Doing up utility room/wc.

One solid (house bricks and plaster) wall has short run (0.5m) of h and
c copper pipes and basin waste along wall and up to cabinet below
basin. Had planned to box these in and tile over. However as we have
spent a lot of money on the sanitaryware and tiles, wondering if we
should go to the effort of chasing these into the wall.

Most of the threads on wall chasing refer to conduit or water pipes. Is
it a realistic option to bury basin waste into solid wall? Is it wise
(leaks). Was planning on using SDS and chisel as run is short.

John Rumm November 5th 05 01:07 AM

mjbarnard wrote:

Most of the threads on wall chasing refer to conduit or water pipes. Is
it a realistic option to bury basin waste into solid wall? Is it wise
(leaks). Was planning on using SDS and chisel as run is short.

Should be easy enough to lose 34mm waste pipe in most walls - if you are
tiling it does not need to be particularly deep.

I would use solvent weld pipe and fittings - once glued they will never
come appart!.

SDS with a chisel bit is the way to go.

--
Cheers,