DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   MFI Smilight Kitchen Lights (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/127293-mfi-smilight-kitchen-lights.html)

TalkTalk R Pish October 31st 05 02:03 PM

MFI Smilight Kitchen Lights

Hi,

got 3 Flourescent lights with Kitchen from MFI year and half ago.
Recently they all started to go on the blink - bought new bulbs - no joy.
Tested electrical side of it and it seems OK.
Can' believe i'll have to fork out another 90 odd quid to replace these
lights. Anyone know anything about them.

2 x 950mm smilight (INT2826)
1x 460mm. (INT2825)

These look sealed and don't seem to have any replaceable parts on them ....

Am I wrong here or do I I just buy cheaper alternatives....

Know feck all about lighting,,

JHoe.

Mark November 1st 05 11:04 AM

MFI Smilight Kitchen Lights

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:03:28 -0000, "TalkTalk R Pish"
wrote:

Hi,

got 3 Flourescent lights with Kitchen from MFI year and half ago.
Recently they all started to go on the blink - bought new bulbs - no joy.
Tested electrical side of it and it seems OK.
Can' believe i'll have to fork out another 90 odd quid to replace these
lights. Anyone know anything about them.

2 x 950mm smilight (INT2826)
1x 460mm. (INT2825)

These look sealed and don't seem to have any replaceable parts on them ....

Am I wrong here or do I I just buy cheaper alternatives....

Know feck all about lighting,,

Take them back and demand a replacement. Lights costing £90 should
last more than 18 months IMHO.

Mark.

Jon November 1st 05 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalkTalk R Pish
Hi,

got 3 Flourescent lights with Kitchen from MFI year and half ago.
Recently they all started to go on the blink - bought new bulbs - no joy.
Tested electrical side of it and it seems OK.
Can' believe i'll have to fork out another 90 odd quid to replace these
lights. Anyone know anything about them.

2 x 950mm smilight (INT2826)
1x 460mm. (INT2825)

These look sealed and don't seem to have any replaceable parts on them ....

Am I wrong here or do I I just buy cheaper alternatives....

Know feck all about lighting,,

JHoe.

I don't know your particular lights, but maybe the starter has failed rather than the lamp itself. However, in more recent designs the starter is designed to outlast about three lamps. Regards, Jon...

Andrew Gabriel November 2nd 05 07:35 PM

MFI Smilight Kitchen Lights

wrote:

Hi,

got 3 Flourescent lights with Kitchen from MFI year and half ago.
Recently they all started to go on the blink - bought new bulbs - no joy.
Tested electrical side of it and it seems OK.
Can' believe i'll have to fork out another 90 odd quid to replace these
lights. Anyone know anything about them.

2 x 950mm smilight (INT2826)
1x 460mm. (INT2825)

These look sealed and don't seem to have any replaceable parts on them ....

Am I wrong here or do I I just buy cheaper alternatives....

Take them back and demand a replacement. Lights costing £90 should
last more than 18 months IMHO.

I agree.

However, they cost about a quarter of that price elsewhere,
if you do end up replacing them at your expense, and there
are better designs which avoid directing light forward (if
you don't have any pelmets).

--
Andrew Gabriel