DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1268-cage-drain-middle-flat-roof.html)

Chris August 19th 03 04:45 PM

Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof

Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof - what kind of thing is
available?

The reason I'm asking is that Rooftec have just redone the roof - and
they took away the existing cage - and don't seem to be able to find a
replacement.

With your help I might be able to tell them where to get one.
The original was a frustrated cone (no jokes please!)
with a base diameter of about eight inches
and a top diameter of about four inches
and a height of about four inches.

It's job is to stop leaves and dead frogs dropping into the downpipe.
--
Chris

BillR August 19th 03 06:54 PM

Chris wrote:
Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof - what kind of thing is
available?

The reason I'm asking is that Rooftec have just redone the roof - and
they took away the existing cage - and don't seem to be able to find a
replacement.

With your help I might be able to tell them where to get one.
The original was a frustrated cone (no jokes please!)
with a base diameter of about eight inches
and a top diameter of about four inches
and a height of about four inches.

Could one of those terminal guard cages they sell for boiler flue outlets do
the job?

Chris August 19th 03 08:01 PM

Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof

In article , BillR
writes
Chris wrote:
Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof - what kind of thing is
available?
The reason I'm asking is that Rooftec have just redone the roof - and
they took away the existing cage - and don't seem to be able to find a
replacement.
With your help I might be able to tell them where to get one.
The original was a frustrated cone (no jokes please!)
with a base diameter of about eight inches
and a top diameter of about four inches
and a height of about four inches.

Could one of those terminal guard cages they sell for boiler flue outlets do
the job?

Thanks for your reply. I dunno. Never heard of them.
Could you give me a reference?
--
Chris

Mart.C. August 20th 03 07:38 PM

Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
In article , BillR
writes
Chris wrote:
Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof - what kind of thing is
available?
The reason I'm asking is that Rooftec have just redone the roof - and
they took away the existing cage - and don't seem to be able to find a
replacement.
With your help I might be able to tell them where to get one.
The original was a frustrated cone (no jokes please!)
with a base diameter of about eight inches
and a top diameter of about four inches
and a height of about four inches.

Dunno if this is what you want:
http://www.firesonline.com/acatalog/...irdguards.html

--
Regards,
Martin

Chris August 21st 03 10:58 AM

Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof

In article , Mart.C.
writes
"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
In article , BillR
writes
Chris wrote:
Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof - what kind of thing is
available?
The reason I'm asking is that Rooftec have just redone the roof - and
they took away the existing cage - and don't seem to be able to find a
replacement.
With your help I might be able to tell them where to get one.
The original was a frustrated cone (no jokes please!)
with a base diameter of about eight inches
and a top diameter of about four inches
and a height of about four inches.

Dunno if this is what you want:
http://www.firesonline.com/acatalog/...irdguards.html

Thanks for the link. That's not quite it though.
I wonder if there's a guttering company that would have something
suitable?
--
Chris

Martin Angove August 23rd 03 08:17 PM

Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof

In message ],
Chris ] wrote:

Cage for drain in the middle of a flat roof - what kind of thing is
available?

The reason I'm asking is that Rooftec have just redone the roof - and
they took away the existing cage - and don't seem to be able to find a
replacement.

With your help I might be able to tell them where to get one.
The original was a frustrated cone (no jokes please!)
with a base diameter of about eight inches
and a top diameter of about four inches
and a height of about four inches.

It's job is to stop leaves and dead frogs dropping into the downpipe.

Odd that no-one's managed to come up with something... I hate to admit
to browsing the Scotts of Stow catalogue (erm... it is my mother's, not
mine, ok?) but they have just the thing you're looking for. I think.

Item number 26690 "Gutter Ball" 7.95ukp. I haven't tried their website,
they may have an online catalogue: http://www.scottsofstow.co.uk/

HTH

Hwyl!

Martin.