DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   window cleaning (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/126591-window-cleaning.html)

[email protected] October 26th 05 04:55 PM

window cleaning

I may have to apply for a court Access Order in order to do
maintenance, window cleaning etc from neighbour's garden. What is a
reasonable frequency of window cleaning to insist upon; monthly,
quarterly or what?

cheers

Jacob

The3rd Earl Of Derby October 26th 05 05:03 PM

window cleaning

wrote:
I may have to apply for a court Access Order in order to do
maintenance, window cleaning etc from neighbour's garden. What is a
reasonable frequency of window cleaning to insist upon; monthly,
quarterly or what?

cheers

Jacob

Depends on how much your windows get dirty and how frequently YOU want to
clean them, on average a fortnightly clean is prefered by most people in my
vicinity by the local window cleaner.
Are you living above the neighbour? just intrigued as to how this scenario
comes about.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

[email protected] October 26th 05 06:21 PM

window cleaning

OK I'll go for fortnightly - actually about 26 times more frequent than
I usually do them but a margin for error is called for!
The prob is due to boundaries and thoughtless conveyancing many years
ago. And the neighbour is an arsehole.

cheers

Jacob

Lobster October 28th 05 05:11 PM

window cleaning

wrote:
OK I'll go for fortnightly - actually about 26 times more frequent than
I usually do them but a margin for error is called for!
The prob is due to boundaries and thoughtless conveyancing many years
ago. And the neighbour is an arsehole.

Before you go for the Court Order, have you considered the implications
of doing so on the sellability of your house? Given that you have to
declare anything like this before exchange of contracts, you could find
that an obvious history of bad relations with a neighbour is enough to
make a buyer walk.

David

[email protected] October 28th 05 05:31 PM

window cleaning

Lobster wrote:
wrote:
OK I'll go for fortnightly - actually about 26 times more frequent than
I usually do them but a margin for error is called for!
The prob is due to boundaries and thoughtless conveyancing many years
ago. And the neighbour is an arsehole.

Before you go for the Court Order, have you considered the implications
of doing so on the sellability of your house? Given that you have to
declare anything like this before exchange of contracts, you could find
that an obvious history of bad relations with a neighbour is enough to
make a buyer walk.

David

No worries we've thought it through. It might actually improve
sellability as it would put constraints on the neighbour and establish
our rights. As it is we would have to declare his arsehole behaviour
anyway so we have nothing to lose.
It might not come to it anyway but it is useful to be prepared.

cheers

Jacob