DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Why I hate DIY (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/126310-re-why-i-hate-diy.html)

Mr Fizzion October 24th 05 08:19 PM

Why I hate DIY

On 24 Oct 2005 18:05:07 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Ever had one of those jobs where *everything* goes wrong?

All my jobs are like that :-)))

Five hours later, and I've just finished (including a trip down the
local shed to get a flexible tap connector.)

That's what I actually hate most. Not having all the parts and tools
necessary. Invariably I forget something: OH NO not another trip to
B&Q. (Note B&Q is generally for emergencies only due to their high
cost for most stuff)

I bloody hate plumbing.

I love the actual plumbing. What I really hate is stuff like lifting
the floor and drilling holes in walls.

Mr F.

Steve Walker October 24th 05 11:04 PM

Why I hate DIY

Mr Fizzion wrote:

That's what I actually hate most. Not having all the parts and
tools necessary. Invariably I forget something: OH NO not another
trip to B&Q. (Note B&Q is generally for emergencies only due to
their high cost for most stuff)

You ought to try our local Focus - it's hysterically expensive!

Doctor Drivel October 24th 05 11:10 PM

Why I hate DIY

"Mr Fizzion" wrote in message
On 24 Oct 2005 18:05:07 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Ever had one of those jobs where *everything* goes wrong?

All my jobs are like that :-)))

Five hours later, and I've just finished (including a trip down the
local shed to get a flexible tap connector.)

That's what I actually hate most. Not having all the parts and tools
necessary. Invariably I forget something: OH NO not another trip to
B&Q. (Note B&Q is generally for emergencies only due to their high
cost for most stuff)

B&Q Warehouse is far cheaper.

I bloody hate plumbing.

I love the actual plumbing. What I really hate is stuff like lifting
the floor and drilling holes in walls.

Get yourself an SDS drill.