DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Supplier of Timber to Stain and Laminate? Help Please (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/126263-supplier-timber-stain-laminate-help-please.html)

Ora8i October 24th 05 11:36 AM

Supplier of Timber to Stain and Laminate? Help Please

Hi All.

I'm looking for a supplier of thin birch plywood (the type made with
clear glue) or some other sheet timber that I could stain and then
laminate.

The aim is to produce a laminate blank of alternating colours.

Anywhere in the area Liverpool-Manchester Chester - Preston area would
be a best but any otheres to.

If you know of a supplier please let me know. If not is there some
other group I could ask?

Best Regards Alan

The3rd Earl Of Derby October 24th 05 12:52 PM

Ora8i wrote:
Hi All.

I'm looking for a supplier of thin birch plywood (the type made with
clear glue) or some other sheet timber that I could stain and then
laminate.

The aim is to produce a laminate blank of alternating colours.

Anywhere in the area Liverpool-Manchester Chester - Preston area would
be a best but any otheres to.

If you know of a supplier please let me know. If not is there some
other group I could ask?

Best Regards Alan

You could cover with wood veneer its thin and can be got in off cuts, but
it is expensive stuff veneer.
There's a place in bootle on the dock road 'Forth road' if I remember
rightly.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby October 24th 05 12:56 PM

Supplier of Timber to Stain and Laminate? Help Please

oops! make that 'forth street'
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Stuart Noble October 24th 05 06:19 PM

Ora8i wrote:
Hi All.

I'm looking for a supplier of thin birch plywood (the type made with
clear glue) or some other sheet timber that I could stain and then
laminate.

The aim is to produce a laminate blank of alternating colours.

Anywhere in the area Liverpool-Manchester Chester - Preston area would
be a best but any otheres to.

If you know of a supplier please let me know. If not is there some
other group I could ask?

Best Regards Alan

Any timber merchant should stock birch ply

Ora8i October 24th 05 08:02 PM

Supplier of Timber to Stain and Laminate? Help Please

A surprising number don't, just cheap far eastern stuff but I think I
have now found a supplier in Warrington.

Thanks Alan