DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cement mix for Baxi Firebrick instal ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/125980-cement-mix-baxi-firebrick-instal.html)

Nick October 22nd 05 04:59 PM

Cement mix for Baxi Firebrick instal ?

I recently got some new Baxi Firebrick sides and back pieces and the guy in
the shop said use
a mix of sand, lime and cement. I can't remember what the mix he suggested
was, and what type
of sand I should be using as we were also talking about different types of
rendering at the
time as well.. (also on here)

Can someone tell me the mix and what type of sand to use for this please,
and any other tips to note ?

Thanks,

Nick

Andy October 22nd 05 05:35 PM

"Nick" wrote in message
I recently got some new Baxi Firebrick sides and back pieces and the guy in
the shop said use
a mix of sand, lime and cement. I can't remember what the mix he suggested
was, and what type
of sand I should be using as we were also talking about different types of
rendering at the
time as well.. (also on here)

Can someone tell me the mix and what type of sand to use for this please,
and any other tips to note ?

Thanks,

Nick

Try 1:1:6 lime:cement:sand. I'd have thought sharp sand best.

Andy.

Chris Bacon October 22nd 05 09:40 PM

Nick wrote:
I recently got some new Baxi Firebrick sides and back pieces and the guy in
the shop said use
a mix of sand, lime and cement. I can't remember what the mix he suggested
was, and what type
of sand I should be using as we were also talking about different types of
rendering at the
time as well.. (also on here)

Can someone tell me the mix and what type of sand to use for this please,
and any other tips to note ?

What is it you're trying to do? Replace existing? If so, get some
Purimachos fire cement, and use that.