Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Gas fire connection

I had to remove a gas pipe from a fire today to rotate the pipe 180 degrees.
In doing so a compacted fibre washer (?) came out and so needs to be
replaced. Is it just a normal fibre washer? The flared connection, which has
a captive locknut on it, at the fire measures 7/16" in diameter.

Is it a stock item? Does it need Fernox or summat to seal it?

Si

fred

In article , Mungo "two sheds"
Toadfoot writes
I had to remove a gas pipe from a fire today to rotate the pipe 180 degrees.
In doing so a compacted fibre washer (?) came out and so needs to be
replaced. Is it just a normal fibre washer? The flared connection, which has
a captive locknut on it, at the fire measures 7/16" in diameter.

Is it a stock item? Does it need Fernox or summat to seal it?

This is under the cap of the gas pedestal, yeah? It is a stock item but is
prone to leaking, use a sealant (I used hermetite golden 'cos I had some
handy) or buy what is now the approved 'bonded seal' which is a washer
with a thin seal bonded to either side.
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/008.asp item 3346, about 2/3 down the
page.
--
fred
Plusnet's marketing tag for Broadband Premier: "I need a feature packed service
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

fred wrote:
In article , Mungo "two sheds"
Toadfoot writes
I had to remove a gas pipe from a fire today to rotate the pipe 180
degrees. In doing so a compacted fibre washer (?) came out and so
needs to be replaced. Is it just a normal fibre washer? The flared
connection, which has a captive locknut on it, at the fire measures
7/16" in diameter.

Is it a stock item? Does it need Fernox or summat to seal it?

This is under the cap of the gas pedestal, yeah? It is a stock item
but is prone to leaking, use a sealant (I used hermetite golden 'cos
I had some handy) or buy what is now the approved 'bonded seal' which
is a washer with a thin seal bonded to either side.
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/008.asp item 3346, about 2/3 down the
page.

Thanks Fred - I'll see if my local plumbing supplier sells them.

Si