DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   timber merchants - chamfer in purlins. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/125829-timber-merchants-chamfer-purlins.html)

[email protected] October 21st 05 11:58 AM

timber merchants - chamfer in purlins.

Yes, it's me with the purlins again.
Is is likely that a timber merchant would be able / willing to supply
4m beams with a 10-20 degree chamfer off one corner down the whole
length ?
How much might they charge for this. Yes, I will ask them, but
ball-park prices ?
Cheers,
Simon.

Chris Bacon October 21st 05 12:01 PM

wrote:
Yes, it's me with the purlins again.
Is is likely that a timber merchant would be able / willing to supply
4m beams with a 10-20 degree chamfer off one corner down the whole
length ?
How much might they charge for this. Yes, I will ask them, but
ball-park prices ?

Hm. £20, at a guess. How much of a chamfer? Would it be a
stopped chamfer? What size timber?

[email protected] October 21st 05 01:02 PM

timber merchants - chamfer in purlins.

Hm. £20, at a guess. How much of a chamfer? Would it be a
stopped chamfer? What size timber?

prob 175 x 63mm I guess. Length 4000. Stopped chamfer - not sure yet.
Cheers,
Simon.

Chris Bacon October 21st 05 01:20 PM

wrote:
Hm. £20, at a guess. How much of a chamfer? Would it be a
stopped chamfer? What size timber?

prob 175 x 63mm I guess. Length 4000. Stopped chamfer - not sure yet.

It's unlikely they'll cut you stopped chamfers - how much
timber will you be removing? Could you DIY it with an
electric plane?

John Rumm October 21st 05 01:30 PM

wrote:

prob 175 x 63mm I guess. Length 4000. Stopped chamfer - not sure yet.

So about 2 mins work with a circular saw then?

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |

Rick October 22nd 05 12:26 PM

On 21 Oct 2005 03:58:33 -0700, wrote:

Yes, it's me with the purlins again.
Is is likely that a timber merchant would be able / willing to supply
4m beams with a 10-20 degree chamfer off one corner down the whole
length ?
How much might they charge for this. Yes, I will ask them, but
ball-park prices ?
Cheers,
Simon.

The one neer me will do this.