DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Paint spilt on slate roof tiles (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/125425-paint-spilt-slate-roof-tiles.html)

Builderchick October 18th 05 11:38 PM

Paint spilt on slate roof tiles

I have just finished painting my "pebble dashed" house (never again) and I have dripped quite a lot of masonary paint on the slate roof tiles of the bay windows (despite covering them first, it was windy). Having a nightmare getting it off the tiles using wire wool and white spirit/ detergents - anyone got any handy hints?
Many thanks!

Chris Bacon October 19th 05 10:24 AM

Builderchick wrote:
I have just finished painting my "pebble dashed" house (never again) and
I have dripped quite a lot of masonary paint on the slate roof tiles of
the bay windows (despite covering them first, it was windy). Having a
nightmare getting it off the tiles using wire wool and white spirit/
detergents - anyone got any handy hints?

Let it dry and then use stripper.

Builderchick November 15th 05 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Bacon
Builderchick wrote:
I have just finished painting my "pebble dashed" house (never again) and
I have dripped quite a lot of masonary paint on the slate roof tiles of
the bay windows (despite covering them first, it was windy). Having a
nightmare getting it off the tiles using wire wool and white spirit/
detergents - anyone got any handy hints?

Let it dry and then use stripper.

It worked a treat, thanks Chris!!