DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   kitchen worktop sealant (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/125359-kitchen-worktop-sealant.html)

Ian & Hilda Dedic October 18th 05 11:36 AM

kitchen worktop sealant

HI chaps,
I need to replace the worktop sealant between the top of my laminate
worktop and the tiled wall. The existing stuff is a clip on strip which
is wood grained formica (or equivalent) which was supplied many years
ago by a fitted kitchen company which no longer exists.

Its a bit like the stick on stuff you get for around baths, but has a
circular clip running along the middle of the strip which clips onto a
fixing screwed to the top of the worktop. (and is obviously worktop wood
coloured)

Everyone these days is into silicone sealants, but I don't want to have
to replace all the worktops, just the sealant strip.

Have any of you got any ideas where I might buy some from, I've looked
in screwfix and the big sheds and a few worktop suppliers on the net,
but they all seem to gloss over the sealant issue.

I need about 10 mtrs.

Dedics

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0542-0, 17/10/2005
Tested on: 18/10/2005 11:36:21