DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   12 degree pitch roof snow loading (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/125214-12-degree-pitch-roof-snow-loading.html)

[email protected] October 17th 05 04:26 PM

12 degree pitch roof snow loading

Can anyone tell me (or tell me how to calculate) what imposed snow
metres ridge, 5 metres rafters. Yes, it's on "sideways" ! Couldn't find
it in the regs. I've got the span tables from the 1992 part A.
Cheers,
Simon.

[email protected] October 17th 05 04:27 PM

12 degree pitch roof snow loading

Sorry, I'm in the West Midlands in urban Coventry.
Simon.

Peter Taylor October 17th 05 04:57 PM

12 degree pitch roof snow loading

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone tell me (or tell me how to calculate) what imposed snow
metres ridge, 5 metres rafters. Yes, it's on "sideways" ! Couldn't find
it in the regs. I've got the span tables from the 1992 part A.
Cheers,
Simon.

Roof pitch makes no difference. The amount of snow that the roof has to
support is the same, whatever the pitch. Therefore the to take for snow

In the 1992 version of Part A there is a diagram on page 12 which shows that
in your location you need to allow 0.75kN/m² if you are below 100m above sea
level, or 1.00kN/m² if you are above.

I am not clear if these figures have changed since the 2004 version was
published. There are no details in Part A. You will need to look at
BS6399:Part 3. I don't have access to that right now, sorry.