DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hot pipe to shower valve buried in chased concrete wall. How should I insulate it? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/124517-hot-pipe-shower-valve-buried-chased-concrete-wall-how-should-i-insulate.html)

Peter October 12th 05 01:37 PM

Hot pipe to shower valve buried in chased concrete wall. How should I insulate it?

I am installing a hot pipe to a concealed shower valve which runs for
about 2m through a concrete wall. I have chased a 28mm channel for the
pipe. How should I insulate this pipe? I have been considering
wrapping it with a spiral of glass wool, if I can find that in strip
form on a reel. Any other suggestions?

dennis@home October 12th 05 02:45 PM

"Peter" wrote in message
I am installing a hot pipe to a concealed shower valve which runs for
about 2m through a concrete wall. I have chased a 28mm channel for the
pipe. How should I insulate this pipe? I have been considering
wrapping it with a spiral of glass wool, if I can find that in strip
form on a reel. Any other suggestions?

I would run it through a larger plastic pipe (6mm+ larger).
The air gap should insulate it and provide room for expansion.