Default cutting into a concrete block wall

Hi there

Would someone please tell me how to cut into a 9" thick concrete garden
wall? I've tried using a large angle grinder but it won't go all the
way through and looking at stone cutters neither will they. I want to
cut a section out to put a gate in. Thanks to any replies.

David

mrcheerful

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there

Would someone please tell me how to cut into a 9" thick concrete garden
wall? I've tried using a large angle grinder but it won't go all the
way through and looking at stone cutters neither will they. I want to
cut a section out to put a gate in. Thanks to any replies.

David

hire one of those diamond chain saws, like Tommy Walsh uses

mrcheerful

Chris Bacon

davidgladwin wrote:
Would someone please tell me how to cut into a 9" thick concrete garden
wall? I've tried using a large angle grinder but it won't go all the
way through and looking at stone cutters neither will they. I want to
cut a section out to put a gate in. Thanks to any replies.

Hire a Stihl saw with a 14" blade.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article .com,
wrote:
Would someone please tell me how to cut into a 9" thick concrete garden
wall? I've tried using a large angle grinder but it won't go all the
way through and looking at stone cutters neither will they. I want to
cut a section out to put a gate in. Thanks to any replies.

Drill through in several places with an SDS drill being careful to keep
the bit 'square'. Cut through from both sides. Make the opening slightly
oversize then shutter up and make good with a mortar skim to the
dimensions required. For best results include a rebate in the shuttering
to give a neat fillet round the opening.

--
*When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Thanks guys

I think I'll try to save some hiring money and grind through from both
sides. Making it oversize makes sense too.

Thanks again

David