DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Aldi router table - more! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/123938-aldi-router-table-more.html)

Lobster October 7th 05 07:52 PM

Aldi router table - more!

I've gone and bought one of these; reckon it's worth a go for the amount
of routing I'll ever do...

Can anyone else who's bought one of these confirm something for me? On
top of the dust extraction facility there are two small, square recesses
either side; and between these, on top of the dust hole there is a
circular area of plastic which looks like something has been broken off.
The blurry Figs 6 and 7 in the manual show the recesses, and that
nothing is present in the space concerned. Any clues what this might be
for? I don't *think* anything's missing.

Similarly, in the top of the table itself, just below the dust
extraction, is a cut-out area with a clearance hole on either side.
Also visible in Figss 6 and 7. What's that all about?!

The3rd Earl Of Derby October 7th 05 09:08 PM

Lobster wrote:
I've gone and bought one of these; reckon it's worth a go for the
amount of routing I'll ever do...

Can anyone else who's bought one of these confirm something for me?
On top of the dust extraction facility there are two small, square
recesses either side; and between these, on top of the dust hole
there is a circular area of plastic which looks like something has
been broken off. The blurry Figs 6 and 7 in the manual show the
recesses, and that nothing is present in the space concerned. Any
clues what this might be for? I don't *think* anything's missing.

Similarly, in the top of the table itself, just below the dust
extraction, is a cut-out area with a clearance hole on either side.
Also visible in Figss 6 and 7. What's that all about?!

Is there any square nuts that size with the router bits?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby October 7th 05 09:25 PM

Lobster wrote:
I've gone and bought one of these; reckon it's worth a go for the
amount of routing I'll ever do...

Can anyone else who's bought one of these confirm something for me?
On top of the dust extraction facility there are two small, square
recesses either side; and between these, on top of the dust hole
there is a circular area of plastic which looks like something has
been broken off. The blurry Figs 6 and 7 in the manual show the
recesses, and that nothing is present in the space concerned. Any
clues what this might be for? I don't *think* anything's missing.

Similarly, in the top of the table itself, just below the dust
extraction, is a cut-out area with a clearance hole on either side.
Also visible in Figss 6 and 7. What's that all about?!

The table extractor recess is for two different types of vaccume cleaner
attachments, I have VAC cleaner and it attaches to it with the VAC
accessory that came with the vaccume cleaner.
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite