DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Building regs and a new boiler (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/123769-building-regs-new-boiler.html)

Jerry October 6th 05 01:23 PM

Building regs and a new boiler

Hi

I have recently personally installed a replacement central heating oil
boiler. I have discovered that I now need to get a certificate from the
building control dept of the local authority. Apparently I will have to
demonstrate that the installation and function of the new boiler
conforms to statutory requirements. My question is will the building
control carry out performance checks on the boiler or will I have to get
a heating engineer to attend and carry out the checks for them or will
they just take my word for it that it's OK?

Regards Jerry

Andy October 6th 05 06:56 PM

"Jerry" wrote in message
Hi

I have recently personally installed a replacement central heating oil
boiler. I have discovered that I now need to get a certificate from the
building control dept of the local authority. Apparently I will have to
demonstrate that the installation and function of the new boiler
conforms to statutory requirements. My question is will the building
control carry out performance checks on the boiler or will I have to get
a heating engineer to attend and carry out the checks for them or will
they just take my word for it that it's OK?

Regards Jerry
--

This came up in the last two weeks, I believe. It is a new rule, since
April,

Andy.