DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   standard window sizes (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/123642-standard-window-sizes.html)

[email protected] October 5th 05 02:30 PM

standard window sizes

Is there a such thing as "standard" PVCu window sizes ? Or even
"commonly available" sizes. If I can use these, it will obviously be
cheaper than having them custom made. Windows are for living room /
kitchen.
Thanks,
Simon.

Rick October 5th 05 03:11 PM

On 5 Oct 2005 06:30:35 -0700, wrote:

Is there a such thing as "standard" PVCu window sizes ? Or even
"commonly available" sizes. If I can use these, it will obviously be
cheaper than having them custom made. Windows are for living room /
kitchen.
Thanks,
Simon.

"std" as in on the shelf in wickes, B&Q etc ........

Theses windows are still more expensive than finding your local rehau
factory.

Rick

Tony Bryer October 5th 05 03:21 PM

In article . com,
wrote:
Is there a such thing as "standard" PVCu window sizes ? Or even
"commonly available" sizes.

Check out

for starters

If I can use these, it will obviously be
cheaper than having them custom made.

Not obviously ... probably but not necessarily

[Latest version QSEDBUK 1.10 released 4 April 2005]

Lobster October 5th 05 05:19 PM

wrote:
Is there a such thing as "standard" PVCu window sizes ? Or even
"commonly available" sizes. If I can use these, it will obviously be
cheaper than having them custom made. Windows are for living room /
kitchen.

Definitely disagree with the "obviously"! See previous rambling from me
a few weeks back:

http://tinyurl.com/c5zoj

David