DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Halogen bulb GU10 'BLUE' used in bathroom (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/123598-halogen-bulb-gu10-blue-used-bathroom.html)

Iano October 5th 05 09:38 AM

Halogen bulb GU10 'BLUE' used in bathroom

Hi,

I've just moved into a house that has recently been developed. In the
shower room there are GU10 halogen ceiling lights. This morning they
were flickereing and flashing on and off for a while when turned on.
There's one bulb fitted to a fan that has been going on and off for a
few weeks. This stayed off after I turned the lights off and then on
again. Anyone any ideas why they may have been flickering.

Also four of the five bulbs are standard 50w GU10 bulbs but there is a
fifth bulb, also GU10 but type BLUE JDR-C. It's heavier than the
standard bulbs and is mirrored rather than clear. This gives an unusual
blue light. Any idea why it's there and can I change it for a normal
GU10 bulb?

Thanks
Iano