DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Removing bitumen adhesive from floor boards (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/122891-removing-bitumen-adhesive-floor-boards.html)

[email protected] October 2nd 05 03:28 PM

Removing bitumen adhesive from floor boards

I have just removed vinyl floor tiles on my bathroom floor but I need
to remove the remaining adhesive before I can lay a carpet. Other than
using wire wool and white spirit has any one any ideas on what I could
do?

soup October 2nd 05 03:34 PM

wrote:
I have just removed vinyl floor tiles on my bathroom floor but I need
to remove the remaining adhesive before I can lay a carpet. Other than
using wire wool and white spirit has any one any ideas on what I could
do?

Carpet on a bathroom floor, don't do it ?

Maybe this stuff will get rid of bitumen.
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words
may be used this is due to my limitations with the English language .

Rob Morley October 2nd 05 03:37 PM

In article .com,
says...
I have just removed vinyl floor tiles on my bathroom floor but I need
to remove the remaining adhesive before I can lay a carpet. Other than
using wire wool and white spirit has any one any ideas on what I could
do?

Hot air gun and a scraper?

Chris Bacon October 2nd 05 09:13 PM

wrote:
I have just removed vinyl floor tiles on my bathroom floor but I need
to remove the remaining adhesive before I can lay a carpet.

Why?

Other than
using wire wool and white spirit has any one any ideas on what I could
do?

Scraper and elbow grease. Keep the scraper clean and sharp.

kevin foote October 2nd 05 09:53 PM

Chris,

Good luck its nightmare that stuff. Id be tempted to leave it, why did you
life the tiles?

Kev

oups.com...

Stuart Noble October 3rd 05 11:20 AM

wrote:
I have just removed vinyl floor tiles on my bathroom floor but I need
to remove the remaining adhesive before I can lay a carpet. Other than
using wire wool and white spirit has any one any ideas on what I could
do?

Nitromors and a scraper should do it. Make sure you don't allow the gunk
back on the floor or you'll be back to square one.