Sean

Default Worcester Bosch 24 CDI rattle and hum

Hi, I've brought a house with a 24CDI RSF installed that untill
recently had seen less than 2 months intermitant use since it was
installed approximatly 3-4 years ago.

The previous owners tell me that just proir to leaving the house they
had the boiler serviced (which invovled the engineer taking the unit
off the wall) Since then it has been "noisy".

It is working well, nice and warm and good flow rate etc but - whenever
the fan is running there is a anoying rumble that can be heard allmost
throughout the house. It not a "metal on metal" noise but more of a
resonation or perhaps a combination of the fan+pump vibrating the whole
unit. The fan is not noisy just it sets up a reverberation when
running.

Any hints or clues as to what could be the cause?

Thanks.

Colin Wilson

Any hints or clues as to what could be the cause?

The case on my WB is a little loose - try touching various parts to see
if it shuts up...

--
Please add the word "newsgroup" in the subject line of personal emails
**** My email address includes "ngspamtrap" and " ****
Sean

If i slightly move the case panels the "tone" changes and its the same
if i slightly push the angled vent directly on top of the boiler -
thats what gives me the impression of it being a resonation noise -
even without the panels on it's still the same.

Just not sure how to reduce or prevent the noise.

Stuart Noble

Sean wrote:
If i slightly move the case panels the "tone" changes and its the same
if i slightly push the angled vent directly on top of the boiler -
thats what gives me the impression of it being a resonation noise -
even without the panels on it's still the same.

Just not sure how to reduce or prevent the noise.

I don't have the rattle, but the Bosch hum is very high pitched compared
to other boilers I've lived with. It also throws the exhaust fumes a
good deal further so I suppose the two are connected.