Default Sealing Sink Problems

Hello All

I'm having a mare trying to seal my sink, its one of those round bowls
on a chrome wall bracket and has an exposed trap and waste pipe all in
chrome.

I have the following:

large rubbery washer which is transparent.
CP collar (which the bowl stands on)
Black rubber washer
White silicone washer
chrome nut
Pop up waste

I have done the following as per instructions

position the collar on the chrome wall bracket with the black rubbber
washer on top.
Position bowl ontop of collar
push white silicone washer up waste body
insert waste into sink
push transparent washer onto waste body underneath sink and tighten up
with chrome nut.

For the life of me I cannot get a seal. The leak is coming from inside
the waste and drips down the outside of the trap, I have just about
tried everything.

Any ideas, i've tried about 6 times now!!!!!!

TIA

Cheers

Richard

Seventh time lucky, put loads of silicone on the transparent washer and
left it for 40 minutes.

Now next question. The chrome tube which screws into the waste and then
fits into the top of the trap seems lose. I can tighten it up but the
trap still slides up and down on this pipe, am I missing a part here? I
thought by tightening it this would secure it but it looks to me as it
will gradually fall off.

Thanks for your reply!

Cheers

Richard

Found it, looks like a tapered washer was missing put that in and now
it tightens.

Cheers

Richard

Moenstone Sink Mike Home Repair 9 March 6th 05 07:01 AM
Kitchen Double Sink Suds Problem Robert Home Repair 3 September 7th 03 02:25 PM
Black pads underneath s/s sink? Bob Eager UK diy 3 August 8th 03 01:41 AM
Very Basic - Sealing a tap - ceramic sink Bob Mannix UK diy 2 July 11th 03 10:52 PM
swanstone sink capillary action R. H. Levy Home Repair 0 June 27th 03 11:40 AM