Sean

Default Glow worm space saver 75, cc No. 4131532 Serial: 00066033

Hi!
My boiler was cutting out after 1-3 minutes, but pump circulates and
rads get warm until then. The pilot was stable with a blue flame and
the usual lighting sequence was as normal.

I need a new bundi tube from control valve to pilot. This got broken
when an engineer started to check the appliance Where can I get this
and/or do I need to buy the whole pilot assembly?

The plumber's view was was that the gas control valve was faulty, but
other people suggest that gc valves either work - or don't and don't
cut out after time? The guy was unable to continue with testing after
cleaning pilot because the tube ruptured. The valve is a Gemseal
controls version. Others have suggested that I replace the
thermocouple before I do anything else...if i can get a new tube!

I could do with a new burner. Are all these parts available and if so,
where from?

Thanks for any help that might be available. I'm too brassic to get a
new boiler!

John

"Sean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi!
My boiler was cutting out after 1-3 minutes, but pump circulates and
rads get warm until then. The pilot was stable with a blue flame and
the usual lighting sequence was as normal.

Do you mean the main flame cuts out but the pilot stays lit or does the
pilot go out?

I need a new bundi tube from control valve to pilot. This got broken
when an engineer started to check the appliance Where can I get this
and/or do I need to buy the whole pilot assembly?

Universal pilot tube repair kit for less than a tenner from HRPC in your
locality (national chain)

The plumber's view was was that the gas control valve was faulty, but
other people suggest that gc valves either work - or don't and don't
cut out after time? The guy was unable to continue with testing after
cleaning pilot because the tube ruptured. The valve is a Gemseal
controls version. Others have suggested that I replace the
thermocouple before I do anything else...if i can get a new tube!

If the pilot us going out then yes its a good start and cheap. A small pilot
flame is often connected with this problem so if your guy has cleaned the
pilot it may be ok.

I could do with a new burner. Are all these parts available and if so,
where from?

The Glow worm burner isn't likely to need repairing for many many years.
Most outlive the boiler. Pilot burners are available from HRPC as well.

Thanks for any help that might be available. I'm too brassic to get a
new boiler!

Rusty

http://www.onlineboilerspares.com/

Glow Worm - Good/bad? Bill M UK diy 7 March 8th 05 10:42 AM
Glow worm combi low pressure pressure i-ball UK diy 5 December 17th 04 11:59 AM
Regulations regarding cupboard space around a glow worm boiler? tez UK diy 2 December 15th 04 12:45 PM
glow worm boiler leaked, water damaged the floor and kitchen units. mele UK diy 6 October 20th 04 04:54 PM
Is a Glow Worm 18HXI boiler any good? Tim Mitchell UK diy 5 July 31st 03 10:09 PM