DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Stud wall for pipes (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/122182-stud-wall-pipes.html)

markjohnson102 September 25th 05 03:15 PM

Stud wall for pipes

Hi,
I'm refitting a bathroom and need to build a stud wall to hide pipes
and the waste from the shower tray. What's the best size wood to get
without going overboard? Also, is there a particular type of
plasterboard I should get (an off the wall shower will be installed
against this wall when tiled).

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Mark

--
markjohnson102

Lobster September 25th 05 05:08 PM

markjohnson102 wrote:
Hi,
I'm refitting a bathroom and need to build a stud wall to hide pipes
and the waste from the shower tray. What's the best size wood to get
without going overboard? Also, is there a particular type of
plasterboard I should get (an off the wall shower will be installed
against this wall when tiled).

I'd go for 3"x2" timber for your studwork, clad in aquapanel (search the
archives of this newsgroup for more) for the wallboard within the shower
area

David