Default Polishing Travertine Tiles

Hello All

I had some travertine tiles laid (honed and filled) in the wetroom on
the walls which used to be nice and smooth to the touch. The tiler
since used some impregnator to seal them using a small roller and the
tiles now have an abrasive feel to them which doesn't feel nice. Any
ideas on how I get them back to smooth, could I just buff them with
something? I have a feeling the roller wasn't very clean and it picked
up a load of crap during the application or he over applied it.

Is there anything else I should be doing to these tiles to maintain
them, should I seal say once a year or more often?

TIA

Cheers

Richard

Andy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All

I had some travertine tiles laid (honed and filled) in the wetroom on
the walls which used to be nice and smooth to the touch. The tiler
since used some impregnator to seal them using a small roller and the
tiles now have an abrasive feel to them which doesn't feel nice. Any
ideas on how I get them back to smooth, could I just buff them with
something? I have a feeling the roller wasn't very clean and it picked
up a load of crap during the application or he over applied it.

Is there anything else I should be doing to these tiles to maintain
them, should I seal say once a year or more often?

TIA

Cheers

Richard

1200 grade wet and dry? Or a mild abrasive cleaner, like
Jif ( Cif? )?

Andy

Andy wrote:
wrote in message
[...]

Cheers Andy will give that a go.

Grouting Travertine Tiles? mark b UK diy 7 May 5th 05 01:35 PM
Falling Tiles in the bathroom - HELP!!! [email protected] UK diy 11 March 23rd 05 02:23 PM
Polishing floor tiles Simon UK diy 1 February 9th 05 12:38 AM
How to replace a shower when I don't have matching tiles Richard Hamer UK diy 7 January 9th 05 07:10 PM
Anyone advise why wall tiles are not adhering well? Mike Barnard UK diy 4 May 10th 04 07:47 PM