DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Broken Patio door Lever (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/121213-broken-patio-door-lever.html)

[email protected] September 17th 05 03:49 PM

Broken Patio door Lever

Hi there,

Having moved into a new house that has rear patio doors, I've found
that
the lever that operates the locking mechanism on one side is snapped.
The lock all works (it's the kind where you shut the door, pull the
lever up and then lock it in place), but I can't use the lever to lock
the door. Taking it apart, it looks like a metal lever that sits on a
square rod that runs through the door

Any ideas where I can go to buy replacement parts like this ?

I've tried a few window/conservatory places and they all seem
completely uninterested in helping me.

Thanks,
Roy.

Lorian September 18th 05 08:10 AM

wrote in message

Any ideas where I can go to buy replacement parts like this ?

Probably only the manufacturer of the door. You need to look all over the
door for a label. Otherwise maybe someone could make a part.

L.

Set Square September 18th 05 11:37 AM

Lorian wrote:

wrote in message

Any ideas where I can go to buy replacement parts like this ?

Probably only the manufacturer of the door. You need to look all over
the door for a label. Otherwise maybe someone could make a part.

L.

The description in the original post sounded a bit like the locking
mechanisn in my father-in-law's patio door - supplied by Anglian. You could
try them for starters.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Ziggur September 18th 05 03:17 PM

In article .com,
says...
Hi there,

Having moved into a new house that has rear patio doors, I've found
that
the lever that operates the locking mechanism on one side is snapped.
The lock all works (it's the kind where you shut the door, pull the
lever up and then lock it in place), but I can't use the lever to lock
the door. Taking it apart, it looks like a metal lever that sits on a
square rod that runs through the door

Any ideas where I can go to buy replacement parts like this ?

I've tried a few window/conservatory places and they all seem
completely uninterested in helping me.

Thanks,
Roy.

You could try here