Hamie

Default Bannister heights

Hi..

Before I go out tomorrow & buy my bannister parts... What height do the
regs say they have to be? 900mm? Is that from the front, rear or middle
of the tread on the stairs? What lee way do you have? +- 25mm?

TIA

Hamish.
Set Square

Hamie wrote:

Hi..

Before I go out tomorrow & buy my bannister parts... What height do
the regs say they have to be? 900mm? Is that from the front, rear or
middle of the tread on the stairs? What lee way do you have? +- 25mm?

TIA

Hamish.

They have to be a minimum of 900mm when measuring vertically from the pitch
line. [This is the sloping line from the nose of one step to the next etc.]
I'm not aware of any maximum.

Also the spindles have to be positioned close enough together to prevent a
100mm sphere from passing through the gap.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

david lang

Set Square wrote:
|| Also the spindles have to be positioned close enough together to
|| prevent a 100mm sphere from passing through the gap.

Sounds like balls to me :-)

Dave

Brian Sharrock

"david lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Set Square wrote:
|| Also the spindles have to be positioned close enough together to
|| prevent a 100mm sphere from passing through the gap.

Sounds like balls to me :-)

'They' have to be balls (100 mm spheres) because
the NSPCC hollers when the BCO tries to jam
'Kalibrated Kiddies'' heads through the spindles.

--

Brian

Set Square

Owain wrote:

david lang wrote:
... a 100mm sphere

Sounds like balls to me :-)

Must be difficult getting trousers to fit you comfortably :-)

Owain

They're ok as long as they're "baggy". g
--
Cheers,
Set Square

New home buying experience with Orchard Heights Community in San Jose, CA [email protected] Home Ownership 1 July 7th 05 01:55 AM
Variable heights antgel UK diy 2 April 1st 05 01:43 AM
Imperial Size Bannister Upright Thingy? Maria UK diy 4 March 13th 05 10:17 AM
Bannister decoration DanR UK diy 2 January 16th 05 04:50 AM
socket and light switch heights Laurie UK diy 44 September 10th 03 10:01 PM