DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Breather Membrane by the Metre (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/120981-breather-membrane-metre.html)

Kevin Brady September 16th 05 09:21 AM

Breather Membrane by the Metre

Does anyone know of a builders merchants or similar that will sell breather
membrane such as Tyvek or Permo by the metre off a roll, rather than me
having to buy 50 metres of the stuff?

I'm close to completing the roof framing of a 3m x 3m extension, and don't
want to have to buy more than I really need (am already dangerously close to
my original budget).

(Alternatively - if anyone has about 15 sq. metres left over from another
project that they could happily part with, I live on the Bucks/Oxfordshire
border and would be happy to travel (1/2 hour) to take it off your hands!)

All recommendations gratefully received. Cheers

Kevin Brady. Oxford

Rick September 16th 05 11:18 AM

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:21:23 +0000 (UTC), "Kevin Brady"
wrote:

Does anyone know of a builders merchants or similar that will sell breather
membrane such as Tyvek or Permo by the metre off a roll, rather than me
having to buy 50 metres of the stuff?

I'm close to completing the roof framing of a 3m x 3m extension, and don't
want to have to buy more than I really need (am already dangerously close to
my original budget).

(Alternatively - if anyone has about 15 sq. metres left over from another
project that they could happily part with, I live on the Bucks/Oxfordshire
border and would be happy to travel (1/2 hour) to take it off your hands!)

All recommendations gratefully received. Cheers

Kevin Brady. Oxford

If you shop arround you will get it much cheeper, I found prices
ranged from less than a quid a sq m, to 10 or more.

Seconds and co do alumaflex, which is what I used. You can sell the
spare on eBay.

Rick