DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Porcelain floor tiles on chipboard (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/120557-porcelain-floor-tiles-chipboard.html)

Deville September 12th 05 05:49 PM

Porcelain floor tiles on chipboard

Further to my recent enquiries on this subject (thread entitled:
"Laying porcelain tiles in bathroom"), I have now removed the two
flooring layers (cork tiles and vinyl). A friend has suggested that
rather than laying the porcelain tiles directly onto the chipboard, I
should lay a metallic mesh first and lay the tiles on top of that.
Comments, anyone?

Lee September 12th 05 08:27 PM

Deville wrote:
Further to my recent enquiries on this subject (thread entitled:
"Laying porcelain tiles in bathroom"), I have now removed the two
flooring layers (cork tiles and vinyl). A friend has suggested that
rather than laying the porcelain tiles directly onto the chipboard, I
should lay a metallic mesh first and lay the tiles on top of that.
Comments, anyone?

Just about to do the same, but I'm overboarding the chip with ply - ok
if you have enough room to accommodate the difference in floor levels.
I'm also using Bal rapidset flexible adhesive and Bal Microflex grout -
which I have been assured are suitable for porcelain tiles onto ply...

Lee

--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.