DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "Brushed" metal finish poles and fittings. (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/120220-%22brushed%22-metal-finish-poles-fittings.html)

Brian Reay September 8th 05 07:45 PM

"Brushed" metal finish poles and fittings.

I'm looking for a brushed metal (aluminium coloured) pole- the sort of thing
you use to make the hanger pole in a wardrobe- and some of the fittings to
mount it, the sort that are a disk with a hole.

Shiny chrome and white are common enough but I really want a brushed
aluminium colour.

Anyone know a source, please?

--
73
Brian, G8OSN

Lee September 9th 05 12:03 AM

Brian Reay wrote:

Shiny chrome and white are common enough but I really want a brushed
aluminium colour.

Anyone know a source, please?

If painted is ok, Ikea do a steel one that resembles brushed aluminium,
comes with the flat plates to fix it.
It's part of the "Komplement" range if you want to look it up on their
website.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.

Rob Morley September 9th 05 12:55 AM

In article ,
lid says...
I'm looking for a brushed metal (aluminium coloured) pole- the sort of thing
you use to make the hanger pole in a wardrobe- and some of the fittings to
mount it, the sort that are a disk with a hole.

Shiny chrome and white are common enough but I really want a brushed
aluminium colour.

Anyone know a source, please?

Satin chrome ones in Wickes - is that close enough to brushed aluminium?

Brian Reay September 10th 05 10:56 PM

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
t...
In article ,
lid says...
I'm looking for a brushed metal (aluminium coloured) pole- the sort of
thing
you use to make the hanger pole in a wardrobe- and some of the fittings
mount it, the sort that are a disk with a hole.

Shiny chrome and white are common enough but I really want a brushed
aluminium colour.

Anyone know a source, please?

Satin chrome ones in Wickes - is that close enough to brushed aluminium?

Just checked them out early this evening, perfect for what I need. Of
course, good lady is now deciding if she still wants the project............

Also thanks to Lee re the Ikea tip.
--
73
Brian, G8OSN