DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Shower Mixer Valve replacement (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/119769-shower-mixer-valve-replacement.html)

cassman September 5th 05 04:45 PM

Shower Mixer Valve replacement

I am planning a style change to my bathroom that involves replacing the taps and shower mixer.

Taking that the gap between the entry pipes, hot and cold, is the same on the new unit is replacement just a matter of isolating supplies, detaching the existing unit and fitting the replacement or will I need to make holes in my walls to access the pipework.

Rob Morley September 5th 05 06:11 PM

In article ,
says...

I am planning a style change to my bathroom that involves replacing the
taps and shower mixer.

Taking that the gap between the entry pipes, hot and cold, is the same
on the new unit is replacement just a matter of isolating supplies,
detaching the existing unit and fitting the replacement or will I need
to make holes in my walls to access the pipework.

The more often you ask the question, the less likely you are to receive
a worthwhile reply.

cassman September 6th 05 05:49 AM

The more often you ask the question, the less likely you are to receive
a worthwhile reply.[/quote]

Perhaps if the site wasn't so slow to update when you submit I wouldn't have posted three times, more than 5 minutes on a 2Meg connection is a bit much. When I tried deleting them I got the message I did not have enough privileges to delete messages.

Rob Morley September 6th 05 10:30 AM

In article ,
says...

The more often you ask the question, the less likely you are to receive
a worthwhile reply.

Perhaps if the site wasn't so slow to update when you submit I wouldn't
have posted three times, more than 5 minutes on a 2Meg connection is a
bit much. When I tried deleting them I got the message I did not have
enough privileges to delete messages.

So stop using that piece of **** known as DIYBanter and use a proper
server and newsreader. Failing that I think even Google Groups is
better.

S Viemeister September 6th 05 02:36 PM

Rob Morley wrote:

In article ,
says...

The more often you ask the question, the less likely you are to receive
a worthwhile reply.

Perhaps if the site wasn't so slow to update when you submit I wouldn't
have posted three times, more than 5 minutes on a 2Meg connection is a
bit much. When I tried deleting them I got the message I did not have
enough privileges to delete messages.

So stop using that piece of **** known as DIYBanter and use a proper
server and newsreader. Failing that I think even Google Groups is
better.

To be fair - the OP may never have heard of Usenet.

Rob Morley September 6th 05 03:01 PM

In article ,
says...
Rob Morley wrote:

In article ,
says...

The more often you ask the question, the less likely you are to receive
a worthwhile reply.

Perhaps if the site wasn't so slow to update when you submit I wouldn't
have posted three times, more than 5 minutes on a 2Meg connection is a
bit much. When I tried deleting them I got the message I did not have
enough privileges to delete messages.

So stop using that piece of **** known as DIYBanter and use a proper
server and newsreader. Failing that I think even Google Groups is
better.

To be fair - the OP may never have heard of Usenet.

He has now :-)