DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Primary or System? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/119285-primary-system.html)

Paul September 1st 05 05:44 PM

Primary or System?

Hi. I have decided against buying a combi boiler. But what is the difference
between a system boiler and a primary boiler?
Thanks.

Set Square September 1st 05 09:48 PM

Paul wrote:

Hi. I have decided against buying a combi boiler. But what is the
difference between a system boiler and a primary boiler?
Thanks.

A system boiler usually has additional components - typically pump,
expansion vessel, filling loop, etc. - ready installed inside its casing. A
non-system boiler doesn't - and these components have to be supplied and
installed externally. [I assume 'primary' refers to an ordinary, non-system
boiler - but am not too familiar with the term].

A system boiler requires less effort to install - but the integrated
components are often proprietary, and more expensive to replace than the
generic components used in a conventional setup.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Paul September 1st 05 11:42 PM

"Set Square" wrote in message
Paul wrote:

Hi. I have decided against buying a combi boiler. But what is the
difference between a system boiler and a primary boiler?
Thanks.

A system boiler usually has additional components - typically pump,
expansion vessel, filling loop, etc. - ready installed inside its casing.
non-system boiler doesn't - and these components have to be supplied and
installed externally. [I assume 'primary' refers to an ordinary,
non-system
boiler - but am not too familiar with the term].

A system boiler requires less effort to install - but the integrated
components are often proprietary, and more expensive to replace than the
generic components used in a conventional setup.
--
Cheers,
Set Square
______

Just what I needed to know. I was looking at the two different types at
http://www.ravenheat.co.uk/products.htm Thanks. Paul.