Junior Member

Question Bath Tap Hole Cutting

Has anyone got some advice on the best way top cut holes out for my new bath?
It has come without pre cut holes,So was looking for the best way to deal with this?
thanks
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adifinn33
Has anyone got some advice on the best way top cut holes out for my new bath?
It has come without pre cut holes,So was looking for the best way to deal with this?
thanks
hi, the best way is use a hole saw, mark the hole positions with a pencil, bore a small pilot hole in the center, put tape down to protect edges, take your time.
Set Square

Adifinn33 wrote:

Has anyone got some advice on the best way top cut holes out for my
new bath?
It has come without pre cut holes,So was looking for the best way to
deal with this?
thanks

Depends whether it's made of plastic or cast iron - or something in between!

What *is* it made of?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Ed Sirett

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:27:20 +0100, Adifinn33 wrote:

Has anyone got some advice on the best way top cut holes out for my new
bath?
It has come without pre cut holes,So was looking for the best way to
deal with this?
thanks

It will depend on the material.

However taking a step back from the immediate problem you might consider
a) Whether this was the right bath to have chosen?
b) Use taps that are set into the wall and over the bath?

HTH

mrcheerful

"Adifinn33" wrote in message

Has anyone got some advice on the best way top cut holes out for my new
bath?
It has come without pre cut holes,So was looking for the best way to
deal with this?
thanks

--
Adifinn33

Buy the right sized starrett cutter and arbor, it won't matter what the
material, it will be cut. The hole cutter kit that screwfix sell will have
what you need.

mrcheerful

Set Square

mrcheerful . wrote:

"Adifinn33" wrote in message

Has anyone got some advice on the best way top cut holes out for my
new bath?
It has come without pre cut holes,So was looking for the best way to
deal with this?
thanks

--
Adifinn33

Buy the right sized starrett cutter and arbor, it won't matter what
the material, it will be cut. The hole cutter kit that screwfix sell
will have what you need.

mrcheerful

Not sure how well the SF cutters would cope with an enamelled steel bath.
And even if they did, they may chip the enamel beyond the bit covered by the
tap base.

As someone else said, it there are no holes, it's possibly designed to use
wall-mounted taps rather than having them fixed to the bath.
--
Cheers,
Set Square

s--p--o--n--i--x

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:32:18 +0100, Ed Sirett
wrote:

It will depend on the material.

....And then think very seriously if you should be doing the job (?).

John Miller

"Adifinn33" wrote in message

Has anyone got some advice on the best way top cut holes out for my new
bath?
It has come without pre cut holes,So was looking for the best way to
deal with this?
thanks

--
Adifinn33

My daughter's new & very large whirlpool bath came like this. Apparently
holes were not predrilled because of the wide variety of options available
when it comes to taps. Her bath is thick fibreglass and the guy from the
suppliers simply cut the holes with a decent quality holesaw of the
appropriate size once she had chosen her taps. I later fitted the taps
without any problems. Just make sure you measure the centres, etc at least
twice before putting saw to bath!

John Miller