mrcheerful

Default Master brand combination lock default number?

A long while ago I bought one of the Master brand boxes to store a key in
outside, the type with a little lid and a 4 digit combination lock, I forgot
about it till recently, unfortunately I have forgotten the original default
unlock number. I have tried the obvious ones (0000, 1111 0123, 1234 etc.),
but the question is has anyone got the packaging or remember the default
number for the lock. B and Q sell them, as do screwfix, toolstation etc.

mrcheerful

Harry Bloomfield

mrcheerful
. has brought this to us :
A long while ago I bought one of the Master brand boxes to store a key in
outside, the type with a little lid and a 4 digit combination lock, I forgot
about it till recently, unfortunately I have forgotten the original default
unlock number. I have tried the obvious ones (0000, 1111 0123, 1234 etc.),
but the question is has anyone got the packaging or remember the default
number for the lock. B and Q sell them, as do screwfix, toolstation etc.

mrcheerful

You can easily feel the wheels drop into the correct places, if you put
light pressure on the lock whilst turning the dials. Start with the
wheel which has most resistance upon it, whilst pressing the lock
apart.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

david lang

Huge wrote:
"mrcheerful
." writes:
A long while ago I bought one of the Master brand boxes to store a
key in outside, the type with a little lid and a 4 digit combination
lock,

It only takes about 20 minutes to try them all...

Combination locks usually are set as 0000 as default. If you have lost it
and it's a 4 digit lock, , the combination is 10x10x10x10 or 10,000 posible
combinations - rather more that 20 mins I suspect.

Dave

mrcheerful

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
mrcheerful .
has brought this to us :
A long while ago I bought one of the Master brand boxes to store a key in
outside, the type with a little lid and a 4 digit combination lock, I
forgot about it till recently, unfortunately I have forgotten the
original default unlock number. I have tried the obvious ones (0000,
1111 0123, 1234 etc.), but the question is has anyone got the packaging
or remember the default number for the lock. B and Q sell them, as do
screwfix, toolstation etc.

mrcheerful

You can easily feel the wheels drop into the correct places, if you put
light pressure on the lock whilst turning the dials. Start with the wheel
which has most resistance upon it, whilst pressing the lock apart.

I have tried this, but the wheels are recessed, as is the release handle.
I'll have to visit ba nd q and hope there is one already open. At the
moment it is taking the place of a rubiks cube, everyone trying
combinations!!

mrcheerful

raden

In message , david lang
writes
Huge wrote:
"mrcheerful
." writes:
A long while ago I bought one of the Master brand boxes to store a
key in outside, the type with a little lid and a 4 digit combination
lock,

It only takes about 20 minutes to try them all...

Combination locks usually are set as 0000 as default. If you have lost it
and it's a 4 digit lock, , the combination is 10x10x10x10 or 10,000 posible
combinations - rather more that 20 mins I suspect.

Cheap combination locks are easy to suss

As was mentioned before, you can feel the positions if you put the lock
under a bit of pressure

--
geoff

david lang

raden wrote:

Cheap combination locks are easy to suss

Master brand aren't cheap combinations locks - they are American and top
quality.

Dave

raden

In message , david lang
writes
raden wrote:

Cheap combination locks are easy to suss

Master brand aren't cheap combinations locks - they are American and top
quality.

Prolly still doable given a bit of time and patience

--
geoff