Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Dave Fawthrop

Default *Small* gas combination boiler?

I am thinking of replacing my conventional central heating and hot
water system with a gas combination boiler, for my four bedroom
extended semi, with one bathroom. My present system is 25 years old,
when I did the heating calculations and ended up with a 10kw boiler,
which works perfectly well with ample heat output, even in the coldest
weather. When I did the heating calcs, the house was *very* well
insulated, and I have continued adding insulation/double glazing over
the years, so it is now *extremely* well insulated. I am therefore
looking for a combi with less than 10kw output to central heating,
plus enough say 10l/m to the DHW.

Objective is to save space.

I have looked in Google Groups for old threads, and tried to answer
the questions which may be asked.

Kitchen tap gives 16l/m
Bath tap hot water gives 9l/min
Soft water.

Googleing for combination boilers only gives huge 20+kw models does
anyone here know of anything smaller?

As I will now be pressurizing the central heating pipes (copper with
Yorkshire fittings) does anyone expect problems with this?

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
"Intelligent Design?" my knees say *not*.

combination boiler dave UK diy 2 May 17th 05 02:43 PM
Condensing Boiler News RedOnRed UK diy 0 April 9th 05 05:37 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Boiler TP valve problems? Linc Vannah Home Repair 9 May 8th 04 02:20 AM
Near death boiler + replacing a boiler David Hearn UK diy 9 January 26th 04 12:44 PM