DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   AEG Customer Service Complaint (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/118527-aeg-customer-service-complaint.html)

[email protected] August 26th 05 02:49 PM

AEG Customer Service Complaint

How long would you expect a =A3700 AEG top-of-the-range (when i bought
it brand new) washing machine to last on regular use by a married
couple and 1 baby?

Maybe my expectations were too high, but i don't think 10 years or more
was not too much to expect. I would have been glad with 15 and amazed
with 20, but just after its 5th year the motor and its control panel
have died. The control panel has burnt components and the motor has
damaged armature. The cost of this repair is just under =A3400 - the
cost of a resonable washing machine today!

I contacted AEG Customer Services giving Renha (the customer service
advisor who answered my call) the details of my washing machine and
requested some support in having the machine looked at.

After much complaining, Renha agreed to provide 70% of the cost of the
parts if i would pay for the engineer to inspect the machine. Initially
i did not agree to pay for the engineer at all, but decided i would
considering AEG would pay up to 70% of the parts.

For some reason, AEG have my details mixed up with another customer
with the same surname living in the same town as myself. I know this,
because the Service Centre told me the name and address of the other
customer.

Since my machine was actually 5 years old and not 2 as Rehna had
somehow decided, AEG have refused to pay for any of the parts and i
would not have agreed to have an engineer inspect my machine knowing
this.

AEG Customer Services have clearly made a mistake, but now will not
admit their fault, since i have requested that they refund my cost for
the inspection, since had i known AEG would not help with the cost of
the parts, i would not have agreed to the inspection.

Matt August 27th 05 11:37 AM

wrote:

How long would you expect a £700 AEG top-of-the-range (when i bought
it brand new) washing machine to last on regular use by a married
couple and 1 baby?

Think yourself lucky. A friend of mine came home just in time to see
his two or three year old AEG washer with flames coming out of the
top. Luckily it was freestanding in a utility room and nothing had
been left on top otherwise the whole house could have gone up. As it
was the door contained the smoke damage to just one room but it still
cost a tidy packet to sort out.

rjs August 27th 05 11:47 AM

wrote:
How long would you expect a £700 AEG top-of-the-range (when i bought
it brand new) washing machine to last on regular use by a married

Just what I REALLY wanted to hear after fitting and AEG washer/drier and
dishwasher in April of this year. Fingers crossed.

Perhaps I'd better bring forward the heat alarm installation for the
kitchen.

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM